The Hagerty Cycling Team was founded in 2007 to promote cycling in Traverse City and to give team members the chance to develop and expand their racing skills. Now they are on a roll!
The Hagerty Cycling Team of Traverse City let it be known they are here to race at the West Branch Road Race in May. Both established riders and some beginning bike racers found themselves in the winner’s circle. This was all part of the plan when a small group created a foundation to support the Hagerty Racing Team members and activities in 2007. The team was formed to promote the sport of cycling in the Grand Traverse region and to give team members the opportunity to develop and expand their racing skills through organized coaching, scheduled training rides and races.
Watch as experienced cyclist Susan Vigland talks about the team, the exciting recruitment of new riders both experienced and beginners, as well as sharing some ideas about training.
More Great Northern Michigan Bike Ideas, Including Bike Trails, Bike Paths and Bike Routes
- Bike the Trail from Petoskey to Harbor Springs
- Pedal Manistee’s Big M Trail
- Our Favorites: 5 Road-Ride Cycle Routes
- Learn It. Love It. Mountain Biking
- Our Favorites: Mountain Bike Trails
- 5 Quiet Routes for Road Cycling in Northern Michigan
- Bike Bois Blanc
- Bike Beaver Island
- Bike Northport
- Bike the Little Traverse Wheelway from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix