The chef/owner of the downtown Traverse City restaurant prepares pork tenderloin from local ingredients for a MyNorth.com video.
When MyNorth.com challenged Chef Phil Murray of Phil’s on Front Street to our local foods showdown he accepted with gusto and prepared Pork Tenderloin with Shallots and Artichokes for a MyNorth.com video. In accordance with the rules of the showdown, 90 percent of the ingredients for this dish are from Northern Michigan and another 5 percent are from Michigan, making it a 95 percent made-in-Michigan dish.
Watch the video to learn Chef Murray’s technique.
More Chef Showdown: Local Foods Videos
- Watch the first Chef Showdown: Local Foods with Crystal Mountain Resort’s Executive Chef Darren Hawley. Chef Hawley prepares Smoked Pheasant and Morel Galantine with Pickled Beet and Goat Cheese Gateau, made with over 90% local foods from Northern Michigan.
- Watch Martha Ryan, of Martha’s Leelanau Table Prepare Leelanau Raclette Fondue with over 90% local foods from Northern Michigan. And then get the recipe.
- Watch Eric Nittolo of the Boathouse Restaurant prepare Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree.
- Watch Sam Hybel of Gusto in Suttons Bay prepare Asparagus with White Wine Sauce.
- Watch Chef John Piombo of Nonna’s at The Homestead in Glen Arbor prepare Goat Cheese and Kale Spelt Ravioli with Roasted Rabbit, Aspargus and Cream
- Watch Chef Randy Chamberlain of Blu in Glen Arbor prepares Malted Cherry Ice Cream.
- Watch Joseph George of Grand Traverse Resort prepare Bacon and Eggs with Smoked Steelhead Roe