When MyNorth.com challenged Chef Phil Murray of Phil’s on Front Street to our local foods showdown he accepted with gusto and prepared Pork Tenderloin with Shallots and Artichokes for a MyNorth.com video. In accordance with the rules of the showdown, 90 percent of the ingredients for this dish are from Northern Michigan and another 5 percent are from Michigan, making it a 95 percent made-in-Michigan dish.
Watch the video to learn Chef Murray’s technique.
More Chef Showdown: Local Foods Videos
- Watch the first Chef Showdown: Local Foods with Crystal Mountain Resort’s Executive Chef Darren Hawley. Chef Hawley prepares Smoked Pheasant and Morel Galantine with Pickled Beet and Goat Cheese Gateau, made with over 90% local foods from Northern Michigan.
- Watch Martha Ryan, of Martha’s Leelanau Table Prepare Leelanau Raclette Fondue with over 90% local foods from Northern Michigan. And then get the recipe.
- Watch Eric Nittolo of the Boathouse Restaurant prepare Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree.
- Watch Sam Hybel of Gusto in Suttons Bay prepare Asparagus with White Wine Sauce.
- Watch Chef John Piombo of Nonna’s at The Homestead in Glen Arbor prepare Goat Cheese and Kale Spelt Ravioli with Roasted Rabbit, Aspargus and Cream
- Watch Chef Randy Chamberlain of Blu in Glen Arbor prepares Malted Cherry Ice Cream.
- Watch Joseph George of Grand Traverse Resort prepare Bacon and Eggs with Smoked Steelhead Roe