The owner/chef of Martha’s Leelanau Table in Suttons Bay prepares Leelanau Raclette Fondue for MyNorth.com’s local foods video showdown.
When MyNorth.com challenged Martha Ryan, chef/owner of Martha's Leelanau Table, to our local foods showdown she accepted with gusto and prepared her signature Leelanau Raclette Fondue for a MyNorth.com video. In accordance with the rules of the showdown, 90 percent of the ingredients for this dish are from Northern Michigan and another 5 percent are from Michigan, making it a 95 percent made-in-Michigan dish.
Watch the video to learn Martha's technique. Then click here for the recipe.
Here is a list of the local ingredients Martha used in her Leelanau Raclette Fondue:
- Leelanau Raclette, Leelanau Cheese Company, Suttons Bay, 231-271-2600
- Chateau Fontaine chardonnay, Chateau Fontaine Vineyards, Suttons Bay, 231-256-0000
- Cherry Eau De Vie, Black Star Farms, Suttons Bay 231-2714970
- Bardenhagen Red Potatoes, Bardenhagen Farms, Suttons Bay, 231-271-3199
- Gala Apples, Friske Orchards, Charlevoix, 231-588, 6185
Watch Sam Hybel of Gusto in Suttons Bay prepare Asparagus with White Wine Sauce.
Watch Chef John Piombo of Nonna's at The Homestead in Glen Arbor prepare Goat Cheese and Kale Spelt Ravioli with Roasted Rabbit, Aspargus and Cream
Watch Randy Chamberlain of Blu in Glen Arbor prepare malted cherry ice cream.
Watch Eric Nittolo of the Boathouse Restaurant prepare Rack of Lamb with Parsnip Puree.