Discover one of the reasons why Traverse City is a foodie’s heaven at the “Winter Festival of Foods” Saturday, Feb. 20, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Northwestern Michigan College. Explore cooking techniques, get fresh ideas and tips, meet new foodie friends and of course taste the samples.
Area chefs, NMC culinary instructors, and specialty food businesses strut their stuff in the gleaming kitchen and demonstration classrooms in the renovated Oleson Center on the main campus. Choose four hour-long sessions from 16 options including Wrap It up Asian Style, Naturally Sassy Sauces and Spreads, Cooking without a Recipe, Oils and Vinegars, and more.
The $69 cost includes four sessions and lots of tasty samplings. To receive a schedule of sessions, learn about many other noncredit offerings, or register, visit www.nmc.edu/ees or call NMC Extended Education, 231-995-1700.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City