Saturday night of the Traverse City Comedy Arts Festival, bring your chairs, your hot seats, your ice fishing gear, your frostbite first aid kit. The movie? Maybe the best comedy ever, “Groundhog Day,” with Bill Murray, Andie MacDowell and Chris Elliott, directed by Harold Ramis. Rated PG.
The fun will start at dusk on Saturday night, about 6:15 pm. We’ll have a warming tent with hot drinks and food for sale, including House of Doggs hot dogs, nachos, chips and Grand Traverse Pie cookies. We’ll have patio heaters spaced around the seating area, and we’ll have two intermissions to warm everyone up. Punxsutawney Phil will dance the polka and hula hoop, and you can join him if you wish.
Showing (outside of) Wade Trim, 241 East State Street (across the street from the Park Place Hotel).
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City