The Blakely/Payne Wedding
August 9, 2008
The rustic elegance of Frog Pond Village in Interlochen was the perfect backdrop for the chocolate brown, deep pink and lime color palette of Megan and Rob’s wedding. The downstate couple chose Frog Pond for its lovely 10 acres of ponds, gardens and woods, and because the ceremony and reception could be held at the same venue.
Wearing a strapless mermaid gown with beaded seam detail, Megan walked down the aisle of the open-air chapel beneath lush cascading ferns set atop poles to look like Northwoods palm trees. The bridesmaids’ chocolate-colored dresses complemented the groomsmen’s khaki suits. The tone-on-tone bouquets of black baccara roses with cymbidium orchids were designed by Frog Pond Village’s co-owner and on-site florist, Karen Jackson-Snyder.
After the ceremony the couple slipped away for photos beside Ellis Lake. Meanwhile guests mingled at the outdoor bar—lit by candles, white lights and the starry Northern night sky—while waiters passed hors d’oeuvres. Chocolate brown cocktail napkins with gold inscriptions of the new couple’s names were a lovely touch at the outside bar.
See this wedding at Frog Pond Village, discover all of Frog Pond Village’s capabilities and see many more weddings at Northern Michigan locations! Get MyNorth Wedding 2010 Now!
A beautifully-plated dinner by Grandview Catering was served in the ballroom bedecked with white lights and white swag hung from the ceiling. Espresso-colored tablecloths with lime napkins were complemented by the centerpieces that Jackson-Snyder created by filling clear, tall vases with limes and bouquets of branches tied with crystal beads and orchids. For a fresh twist, Jackson-Snyder grew wheatgrass on a thin slice of bark and used it as a nest for place cards. A giant Champagne bottle and a metallic pen stood in for the old-fashioned guest book. As they took their seats, guests found decoratively wrapped chocolates in the shape of P’s (for Payne) on their plates.
The bride’s aunt made the wedding cake at her home in Big Rapids, then drove it up the day of the wedding.
Click Here to download the full 8-page version PDF of this article.
Get Your Copy of MyNorth Wedding 2010
See the complete feature of this Frog Pond Village wedding in MyNorth Wedding 2010, a gorgeous Northern Michigan wedding magazine pairing beautiful photography with the real nuts and bolts information every bride and groom wants to know about available Northern Michigan venues and suppliers. Buy MyNorth Wedding 2010 now. And get more ideas by buying MyNorth Wedding 2009 as well.
More Wonderful Wedding Ideas and Stories
- Bookmark the MyNorth Weddings Resource Directory for wedding suppliers and venues in Northern Michigan.
- From Quirky to Elegant: Ideas for Your Northern Michigan Wedding
- A Northern Michigan Wedding at The Homestead Overlooking Lake Michigan
- A Pavilion Northern Michigan Wedding at Grand Traverse Resort and Spa
- A Fall Northern Michigan Wedding at The Great Wolf Lodge
- Wildflowers Galore at this Northern Michigan Wedding at Shanty Creek Resort
Find MyNorth Wedding at these Michigan Bridal Shows
MyNorth Wedding is looking forward to a season of bridal shows and wedding expos where you’ll also find our latest issue of MyNorth Wedding. We’re delighted to be collaborating with producers or exhibitors at these Bridal and Wedding Shows:
- Brides-to-Be, Fairlane Hyatt : 1/2/10
- Bridal World, Lansing: 1/9/10
- Brides-to-Be, Fern Hill CC, Clinton Twp: 1/9/10
- Downtown TC Bridal Show: 1/9/10
- Bridal Celebrations at the Palace at Auburn Hills: 1/17/10
- Big Rapids Bridal Show: 1/17/10
- Winter Bridal Show of WM, Grand Rapids: 1/22-1/23/2010
- Brides-to-Be, Ann Arbor: 1/23/10
- Cadillac Bridal Show: 1/23/10
- Brides-to-Be, St Clair Shores: 1/30/10
- GT Resort Bridal Show: 1/30/10
- TC Bridal Extravaganza: 2/7/10
- Brides-to-Be, Shelby Twp: 2/20/10
- Brides-to-Be, Novi Sheraton: 2/27/10
- Brides-to-Be, Troy: 3/6/10
- Brides-to-Be, Birmingham: 3/20/06
- Brides-to-Be, Clinton Twp: 4/17/06
Join the Northern Michigan Wedding Conversation
Would you like to connect with other couples getting married Up North or get advice from others who’ve already gotten married in Northern Michigan? Visit the Getting Married Up North group on MyNorth.com’s Commnunity.