The Women’s Winter Tour and Traverse Magazine and its online home, MyNorth.com, are collaborating on this year’s Women’s Winter Tour 2010 on February 6th & 7th. There’s something for everyone!
Your Favorite Events Once Again
Join our festival from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday, February 7th and enjoy several cross-country ski and snowshoe trails. Follow the signs at Crystal Mountain for parking, hop on a shuttle that will transport you and your friends to the Women’s Winter Tour start. At the end of your loop, return to the start where you’ll find soup, chocolate, Leelanau wine and lots of hoopla. But that’s just the beginning! Details>>
This is the 12th year of the Womens’ Winter Tour and founder Kaye Krapohl continues to come up with clever themes for each one. She chose Wonder Woman this year, discovering that MS Magazine put the formidable female on its inaugural cover.
“Wonder Woman is a powerful force for freedom, fairness, and equality and is an inspiration for women all over the world,” said Kaye Krapohl, founder of the Women’s Winter Tour.
On Saturday February 6th 10 a.m. to noon, snowshoe through the Michigan Legacy Art Park at Crystal Mountain! This is a chance to drink some cocoa, and start your day off with a kick in the butt of good-for-you karma! All ages- all sexes invited to discover art and winter. Advance tickets are $10 through February 4; $15 the weekend of the event. Details>>
New! The LunaFest Film Festival
The Traverse City Lunar Affair is bringing the international LUNAFEST Films, short films by, for and about women, to the Women’s Winter Tour on Saturday, February 6th. 7- 9:30 pm. Advance tickets are $15 through February 4, $20, at the door. (This is a second showing of these great short films. Check out the article on the first showing on MyNorth to learn more about the films.) Details>>
First Tracks–for Women Only
On Sunday, February 7th at Crystal Mountain, lifts open early at 8 am, so the ladies of the Women’s Winter Tour can enjoy freshly groomed slopes for a one-of-a-kind downhill experience. That’s an hour on Crystal’s slopes of just you and the powder! Crystal even offers special lodging deals so participants can stay there and wake up to enjoy the slopes. So, gravity gals, you can downhill before the main event on Sunday and all day afterward for an additional fee of $10 to your Women’s Winter Tour ticket. Details>>
We’re expecting lots of great food and drink this year including: • Leelanau Vintners
• Lil Bo’s Macaroni and Blue Cheese
• Mackinaw Brew Pub White Chicken Chili
• Amical’s Famous Tomato Basil Soup
• Underground Cheese Cake Company Soup
• Food for Thought Jam and Salsa • Lasagna from Giovanni’s Roadhouse in Interlochen
Volunteers Are Needed!
For those of you who want a more engaged experience in supporting the Women’s Winter Tour, volunteer to help. Donate your time before, during or after the Tour weekend. Donate your company’s products. Or become one of our chocolate chefs. Check out the list of volunteer duties.
Quick Links to More Fun in Benzie County and Northern Michigan’s West Shore
- The Benzie & West Shore Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Benzie & West Shore Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Benzie and the West Shore: Just type in any Benzie County town or town on Northern Michigan’s West Shore and browse the array of restaurant options.
- Video: Discover Pt. Betsie Lighthouse
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Benzie and the West Shore: Just pop the name of the Benzie County town you’d like to play in, or one along the West Shore of Northern Michigan, and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Plot your day in Benzie, Manistee, Ludington and more using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a Benzie, Manistee or West Shore town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a cottage in Benzie and the West Shore: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!