Hitting the ski slopes in Northern Michigan? Hit one of these restaurants close to regional ski resorts and stock up on a hearty breakfast to carry you through the morning.
Art’s Tavern, Glen Arbor
(1 mile from The Homestead)
ORDER UP: The Hangover Helper Potatoes, mushrooms, onions and sausage topped with cheddar jack cheese and two eggs any style; toast. $7.95. Western Avenue (M-22) and Lake Street, 231-334-3754, artsglenarbor.com. Opens 7:30 a.m.
Betty’s, Boyne Falls
(2 miles from Boyne Mountain)
ORDER UP: Hotcakes Classic Hotcakes and American fries. $6.95. 2539 U.S. 131 S., 231-549-2680. Opens 7 a.m.
Diana’s Delights, Gaylord
(4 miles from Treetops)
ORDER UP: Cheesy Bacon Skillet $6.59. 143 Main St., 989-732-6564. Opens 7 a.m.; 8 a.m. Sundays.
Garlets Corner Restaurant, Wellston
(7 miles from Caberfae Peaks)
ORDER UP: The #2 Two eggs, bacon and toast. $5.50. Corner of M-55 and M-37. 231-862-3500. Opens 6:30 a.m.
(3 Miles from Shanty Creek Resort)
ORDER UP: Breakfast Puffs Puff pastry filled with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Starts at $2. 102 N. Bridge Street, 231-533-6262. Opens 7 a.m.
Turkey’s, Harbor Springs
(5 miles from Boyne Highlands; 7 miles from Nub’s Nob)
ORDER UP: French Toast Made with Turkey’s own homemade bread. Comes with bacon, sausage or fruit cup. $9.95. 250 E. Main St., 231-526-6041. Opens 9 a.m. weekdays; 8 a.m. Saturday and Sunday.
More on Hitting the Slopes
- The Michigan Ski Guide: Lower and Upper Peninsula
- Ski Deals at Northern Lower and Upper Peninsula Resorts!
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skiis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts