The Garden Theater in Frankfort, Michigan, located in Northern Benzie County, has been granted an early screening of the new film “Youth in Revolt”. The film is a new-release coming-of-age comedy starring Michael Cera with scenes shot in downtown Frankfort and other parts of Michigan during June 2008. The film is scheduled be shown on one day only as a free event on December 29, 2009. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. with the movie showing at 8 p.m. The film will be released nationally in select theaters starting January 8, 2010.
To Obtain Tickets
Tickets will be available for pick up at the Frankfort Garden Theater Box office beginning December 19 during theater hours, a limit of two tickets per adult. There will be no will call tickets for this event and tickets must be obtained in person. Visit frankfortgardentheater.com for more information.
"Youth in Revolt" is a coming-of-age comedy that puts a fresh and outrageous stamp on a tale of adolescent obsession and rebellion. Starring Michael Cera (also of the Oscar® winning film "Juno" and "Superbad") and based on the acclaimed novel by C.D. Payne, "Youth in Revolt" is the story of Nick Twisp, a unique but affable teen with a taste for the finer things in life like Sinatra and Fellini who falls hopelessly in love with the beautiful, free-spirited Sheeni Saunders (Portia Doubleday) while on a family vacation. But family, geography and jealous ex-lovers conspire to keep these two apart. With Sheenis encouragement, Nick abandons his dull, predictable life and develops a rebellious alter ego: Francois. With his ascot, his moustache and his cigarette, Francois will stop at nothing to be with Sheeni, and leads Nick Twisp on a path of destruction with unpredictable and uproarious consequences.
See the “Youth in Revolt” Trailer at www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbJyaO97QPY .
Quick Links to More Fun in Benzie County and Northern Michigan’s West Shore
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Benzie and the West Shore: Just type in any Benzie County town or town on Northern Michigan’s West Shore and browse the array of restaurant options.
- The Benzie & West Shore Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Benzie & West Shore Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Discover Pt. Betsie Lighthouse
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Benzie and the West Shore: Just pop the name of the Benzie County town you’d like to play in, or one along the West Shore of Northern Michigan, and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Plot your day in Benzie, Manistee, Ludington and more using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a Benzie, Manistee or West Shore town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a cottage in Benzie and the West Shore: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!