Watch as skiers and snowboarders take to the slopes on opening day at Boyne Highlands, a Michigan ski resort, and get the inside scoop on the holidays at Boyne from General Manager Brad Keen.
On Friday, December 11, Boyne Highlands, a leading Michigan ski resort, opened with lots of snow and lots of skiers and snowboarders. Watch the joy of opening day and get the inside scoop on what to expect during the holidays at Boyne Highlands and on through the winter, including dog sledding, zip lines, tubing and horseback rides. It was a terrific day to kick off the ski/snowboard season in Northern Michigan and the snow keeps falling! Check current conditions at Boyne Highlands in our Northern Michigan Ski Guide.
More on Hitting the Slopes
- The Michigan Ski Guide: Lower and Upper Peninsula
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skiis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts