Back in 1998 Hilda Charles and Sheryl Layton had an idea whose time had come: a truffle tribute to the world’s Cherry Capital. Credit the two chocolatiers, owners of Charles Layton Chocolates, for developing the heavenly handmade dark Chocolate Cherry Truffle, a confection worthy of the locally grown tart cherry nectar at its center.
Since then the duo have kicked that recipe up with a chipotle-infused version. Could Up North truffles get any better? Oh yes—when they’re flavored with wine selected by vintners from Northern michigan wineries.
Ask about the handcrafted private label truffles offered by Northern michigan wineries. $2.95 for a box of two heavenly handmade Chocolate Truffles. Traverse City, 866-665-9591, charleslaytonchocolates.com.
More Products Made in Northern Michigan
- World-Champion Wooden Fish Decoys
- Handmade Harps
- Hand-Thrown Pottery Dishware
- Video: Made in Michigan Gifts: The Tape Wrangler
- Video: Holiday Appetizers with Cherries from Benjamin Twiggs
- Video: Mark Johnson of Chateau Chantal Demonstrates Wine Tasting
- Video: Bullfrog Light Co. Displays Tables With One-of-a-Kind Candles
- Video: Chateau Grand Traverse Talks Rieslings
- Video: Watch as Traverse City’s Korner Gem Turns Blue Stone Into Jewelry
- Handmade Knives in Traverse City
- Quilts as Art
- Stepping-Stone Pavers
- Wooden Mugs
- Hand-Crafted Candles