On January 3, 2007, Mr. B and Bob Seeley met on the Milliken stage of the Dennos Museum Center in a concert that was video recorded and has now been made into a full length DVD along with commentary from the audience and the performers.
These two giants of blues and boogie piano will return to the Dennos Museum Center at Northwestern Michigan College on Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 3 p.m. in the Milliken Auditorium for a special DVD release concert for Back to Back Live – Mr. B and Bob Seeley.
With the release of the DVD the two performers have elected to come together again to perform and celebrate the release of the project with another concert on the Milliken stage.
This dual piano concert will feature two giants of the Blues and Boogie-Woogie piano. Bob Seeley, a life-long Detroiter has been described by the internationally acclaimed pianist, Dick Hyman as, “the best boogie-woogie player on the planet.” Mr. “B” from Ann Arbor was proclaimed by Hazen Schumacher of Jazz Revisited as, “one of the top performers and recording artists of this classic genre.” Mr. B’s popular bluesy style and Bob Seeley’s lightning fingers are sure to heat up the ivories for this special event.
“We are very pleased to have Mr. B and Bob return for this special concert,” says Gene Jenneman, Museum Director, “both performers are audience favorites and we are honored to have them showcased in the museum’s Milliken Auditorium on the DVD. This will be a great Christmas gift for any lover of blues and boogie–woogie piano which can be ordered on the web when buying tickets to the concert or the day of the concert.”
With the purchase of a ticket to this performance, concert goers are invited to visit the museum’s galleries and attend a post concert reception with the performers.
The Dennos Museum Center concert season is supported in part by the Osterlin Performance Endowment, and the Robert T. Hughes Family Trust. WNMC 90.7 fm and TV 29&8 provide media support. The Cambria Suites is providing housing for the performers. Walk through the Dennos Museum Center in this video.
Tickets are $25 in advance, $28 at the door, $22 for Museum Members. Tickets may be purchased by calling the Museum Box office at 231-995-1553 or on line at dennosmuseum.org.
The Dennos Museum Center is open daily 10 AM to 5 PM, Thursday til 8 PM and Sundays 1-5 PM. Admission is $6.00 adults, $4.00 for children and free to museum members. For more information on the Museum and its programs, go to dennosmuseum.org or call 231-995-1055. The Dennos Museum Center is located at 1701 East Front Street, Traverse City, MI 49686, at the entrance to the campus of Northwestern Michigan College.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Beaches near Traverse City