12-26-09 to 3-7-10
Snowshoe through Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore with a Park Service ranger, exploring beautiful vistas and learning about winter life in the park. Package includes two nights lodging at The Homestead at Fiddler’s Pond, Little Belle or The Inn, breakfast buffet each morning and a two-hour snowshoe eco-tour (equipment and National Park Service Trail Pass included). Price is $141 to $218 per night on weekends and $167 to $269 per night on holidays. For more information, call (231) 334-5100. thehomesteadresort.com.
12-15-09 to 3-21-09
Ski the 35km of groomed trails at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain and the 3.5km of trails lit at Boyne Highlands on select weekends. Cross-country package includes trail pass and overnight lodging good at either resort plus a hot breakfast. Packages start at $80 per person/per night midweek and from $94 on weekends. Check nights and times of lighted trail access by calling the Boyne Highlands Cross Country Center at (231) 526-3029. 800-462-6963. boyne.com/cross-country.
Holiday Cross-Country Ski Package
12-26-09 to 1-2-10
Starting at $131 per person, package includes one night’s lodging, one-day cross-country ski pass and lunch. Be sure to catch the fireworks over Summit Mountain on New Year’s Eve. 800-678-4111. shantycreekresort.com.
12-26-09 to 3-8-09
Cross-country ski on over 40km of trails at this Lewiston resort. This package includes two nights lodging, two breakfasts, ski rental and trail passes for three days and admission to the light show. Rate starts at $174 per person for two nights based on double occupancy. Add third night for $37 more per person. 877-442-7526. garlandresort.com.
More on Hitting the Slopes
- The Michigan Ski Guide: Lower and Upper Peninsula
- Great Places to Learn to Ski—At Any Age
- Three Ski Towns to Explore
- Ski Town Take-Out
- Hot Apres Ski Towns
- Video: Terrain Park at Crystal Mountain
- Ski Guide: Swank or Spare?
- Post Slope Spa Treatments
- Where to Get Your Skiis Tuned
- Our Favorite Ski Slopes Names
- Master the U.P. Backcountry on Skiis
- Money Saving Tips for the Ski Season
- Ski and Snowboard Clothing and Gear for Northern Michigan Ski Slopes
- Interview with Slopeside Bartender
- Air Born: Ski Jumping in the U.P.
- Mackinac Island Ski Getaway
- The Ultimate Guide to Winter
- 2009 Ski and Snowboard Pass Deals at Northern Michigan Ski Resorts