A highly anticipated cookbook from the chefs at Cooks’ House, one of Traverse City’s top-notch restaurants, has finally arrived.
Cooks’ House, (Spirituality & Health Books) features a year’s worth of menus and recipes by chefs Eric Patterson and Jennifer Blakeslee, who co-own a cozy downtown Traverse City bistro by the same name. The recipes, based on fresh seasonal ingredients and featuring everything from a simple turnip soup to a dish that calls for foie gras, are interspersed with full-color photography and tips meant to inspire serious home cooks.
"For us, the recipes are the least important part of the whole book," Patterson says. "For us, cooking is a paradigm for life. We wanted people to take away inspiration and new ideas, and hopefully a different approach to food and cooking in general."
Patterson and Blakeslee opened Cooks’ House restaurant in 2008 after working together at the acclaimed Andre’s in Las Vegas, and quickly garnered much praise for their fresh take on local, seasonal produce. In 2009, the two chefs partnered with chef Kristin Karam to open the neighboring Wellington Street Market, a laid-back lunchroom with a simple menu specializing in Indian-themed dishes.
Cooks’ House is available for sale at Cooks’ House and Wellington Street Market, as well as Horizon Books in downtown Traverse City. It will also be available at amazon.com and in all 20 Borders book stores in Michigan.
For more information, call Cooks’ House at 231-946-8700.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Beaches near Traverse City