Few holiday traditions are more classic than Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol. But this weekend, Dickens’ beloved tale gets an extra shot of holiday spirit, as Interlochen Center for the Arts‘ Performing Arts Series brings a spectacular musical production of the play to Corson Auditorium.
Called by The New York Times "a tonic for adults, and for children a transfixing journey," this holiday classic features a score by composer Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid) and lyricist Lynn Ahrens (Ragtime, Seussical: The Musical). The show opens on Friday, December 11 at 7:30 p.m., with additional evening and matinee performances on Saturday and Sunday, December 12 and 13.
Tickets are $23 for adults, $20 for seniors and $9 for students. Tickets may be ordered online at tickets.interlochen.org.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Beaches near Traverse City