Beat the midweek slump with ROJO LOCO and their live Latin dance sounds of salsas, mambos, cha chas, rumbas, sambas and tango every Wednesday from 4:30pm to 7pm at Cafe CREMA on Front Street in Traverse City. Listen with a cup of coffee or dive into free Latin dance demonstrations and instruction.
ROJO LOCO was inspired by the local Latin dance community of Traverse City. Mateo Toler, lead singer & guitar player, formed ROJO LOCO with local area musicians, including Arturo Mendez on Congas, Kid on Bass, Jason Schewe on Bass, Greg Vadnais on Latin Percussion, Dave Crider on Vibraphones, Dede Alderman on Timbales, and Reverend Corey Sanderson on alternate Percussion, Renee Mc Dougle Vocal & Hand Clave. They perform old-time mambos, cha chas, rhumbas, boleros, tangos, merengues, sambas, and bossa novas from artists 1970′s and earlier.
Cafe CREMA is located at 300 E. Front St., on the corner of Front and Park. 231-421-5282. CREAMATC.com.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- Video: City Opera House in Traverse City is Brimming with Events
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Beaches near Traverse City