Google has stepped forward to offer some holiday relief for air travelers in 47 airports across the United States, including Traverse City’s Cherry Capital Airport: free Wi-Fi running until January 15, 2010. Are the computerati cheering? Well, here’s PC World’s take: “airports and retail stores should already be providing free Wi-Fi service if they want your business.” Happy holidays!
Other airports selected: Austin, Baltimore, Billings, Boston, Bozeman, Buffalo, Burbank (Calif.), Central Wisconsin, Charlotte, Des Moines, El Paso, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Houston (HOU), Houston Bush (IAH), Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kalamazoo, Louisville, Madison, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Monterey, Nashville, Newport News, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Orlando, Panama City, Pittsburgh, Portland, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Jose, Seattle, South Bend, Spokane, St. Louis, State College, Toledo, Traverse City and West Palm Beach.
The new Cherry Capital Airport is quite spectacular. Take a look in this video.
Quick Links to More Fun in the Traverse City region
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Video: Friday Night Live Has TC’s Front Street Hopping
- Get your copy of 101 Ways to Love Traverse City
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City