The magic of Narnia comes to Northern Michigan this month when the C. S. Lewis Festival kicks off in Petoskey.
This annual month-long celebration of Lewis’ life and literary achievements will feature music and theater performances, school programs, lectures, discussion groups and more.
For seven years running, the award-winning festival has commemorated the author of The Chronicles of Narnia through collaborations by Northern Michigan schools, businesses, arts programs and religious fellowships. This year’s events include book discussions on Lewis’ The Four Loves, pub readings at Perry Hotel, a juried fine art exhibition and reception, writing workshops for students and Prince Caspian: The Musical, among other gatherings. Events are held weekly through November 23.
The keynote speakers this year are Walter Hooper, literary adviser to Lewis’ estate, and James Como, a founding member of the New York C.S. Lewis Society. Both will speak at a large seminar on Saturday, Oct. 24, where the theme will be "Lewis and Friends."
For more information on the festival and its events, visit cslewisfestival.org.
Pack all kinds of fun and food around your C.S. Lewis experience in Petoskey!
- The Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to perfect beaches, Bayview Festivals, the Tunnel of Trees, ethnic eats and more.and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Tour Gorgeous Harbor Springs
- Video: Drive the Tunnel of Trees from Harbor Springs to Good Hart
- Video: A Musical Visit to Bay View
- Video: A Day in Petoskey
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Petoskey, Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor: Just pop in the location where you’d like to eat and browse the wonderful array of restaurant choices.
- Plot your day in Petoskey/Harbor Springs using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Petoskey, Harbor Springs or a nearby town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, art and events of all kinds happening in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Torch Lake!
- Rent a cottage in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!