Benzie-area brothers Scot and Jeff Bihlman, who comprise the Bihlman Brothers blues-rock duo, are red-hot right now—not only did they recently ink a new recording contract with an industry giant, they also won an Emmy Award as part of a team that scored a documentary film about a legendary Los Angeles recording studio. The bros also have a new album out this month, which they’ll be promoting when they return to their native North this weekend to rock the house at Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge.
"By far it’s the best record we ever put out," Scot told us during an interview for the September issue of Traverse. "It has the blues Southern-rock edge, but more singer-songwriter, matters of the heart, heartland stuff. It’s Americana, but it definitely rocks."
The Brothers will play songs off the new album, titled What You Want, at the Leelanau Sands show, slated for this Saturday, September 5. Doors are at 7:30 p.m., with the show kicking off at 8 p.m. General admission is $15. Tickets at 231-534-8222 or starticketsplus.com.
To get the full skinny on the Bihlman Brothers, look for the complete Q&A in the September issue of Traverse, on shelves now.
Round Out the Bihlman Concert Weekend with More Fun in Traverse City
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant GuideFlying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City