When the sun sinks low, put the little ones in their PJ’s (No kids? Round up your favorite smoochin’ pal) and head for the monster screen on U.S. 31 in Honor. For 55 summers, The Cherry Bowl Drive-In has been showing first-run, fam-friendly flicks. Every night is a double feature and they are always rated, G, PG or sometimes PG13.
But movies aren’t the only reason to hit the Bowl. Arrive well before show time to try your hips at Hula Hoops or play mini-golf. Some nights there are special treats, like pony rides, or an appearance by Elvis. Snag dinner in the Cherry Bowl diner—broasted chicken, ribs, or make a meal out of popcorn with real butter. When the lights flicker on the screen, beeline it for your car or for a place en plein air in the front row. You’re in for some of the best entertainment under the Northern stars. 231-325-3413, CHERRYBOWLDRIVEIN.COM.
Quick Links to More Fun in Benzie County and Northern Michigan’s West Shore!
- The Benzie & West Shore Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Benzie & West Shore Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Benzie and the West Shore: Just type in any Benzie County town or town on Northern Michigan’s West Shore and browse the array of restaurant options.
- Video: Discover Pt. Betsie Lighthouse
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Benzie and the West Shore: Just pop the name of the Benzie County town you’d like to play in, or one along the West Shore of Northern Michigan, and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Plot your day in Benzie, Manistee, Ludington and more using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a Benzie, Manistee or West Shore town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a cottage in Benzie and the West Shore: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!
Click on the 2009 Benzie County Vacation Guide
Find ideas, tips and hundreds of links to fun, food, activities and recreation to pack around your visit to the Cherry Bowl.