As if a September morning race through Leelanau County’s lush hills wasn’t already tempting, how about tossing a post-run winery tour into the mix?
If that sounds like a dream come true, it’s time to sign up for the Harvest Stompede Vineyard Run & Walk and Wine Tour. The annual 5K race, held this year on September 19 and 20, features a run through Leelanau’s rolling vineyards and a wine tour featuring gourmet pasta dishes and other treats. The event is immensely popular–last year’s race sold out, with more than 900 participants.
Not up for the race? Walkers are encouraged to join in the fun. And if you’d rather just go straight to the wine tasting, that’s okay, too–tickets for the wine tasting are separate from race registration. All proceeds from the event benefit the Cherryland Humane Society.
The Harvest Stompede race starts and finishes at Ciccone Vineyards (10343 E. Hilltop Rd. Suttons Bay MI, 49682), 11 miles north of Traverse City off M-22.
For information on the Stompede and to register, visit the Leelanau Peninsula Vintner’s Association.
Quick Links to More Fun in Leelanau County!
- The Leelanau Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Leelanau County: Just type in any Leelanau County town and browse the wonderful array of restaurant options.
- Video: Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Leelanau County: Just pop in the name of the Leelanau County town you’d like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Rent a cottage in Leelanau County: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!