With late summer’s mellow warm weather lingering on, we’re still thinking about cold brews and fresh meat hot off the barbecue. Thank goodness, then, for the second annual Glen Lake BBQ and Brew Festival, which puts all our favorite Michigan microbreweries together under a big tent to celebrate summer’s last hurrah.
The fest will feature lauded local microbrewers like Bell’s from Kalamazoo, Short’s from Bellaire, Right Brain from Traverse City, and nearly a half dozen more, plus root beer and ginger ale from Northwoods Soda and Cherry Republic. There’ll be live music, and lots of barbecue, too.
The whole deal goes down on Saturday, September 19, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. in Glen Arbor on the corner of Lake Street and Western Avenue. Admission is $15 for adults, $10 nonalcoholic, with children 12 and under free.
For more information, contact the Glen Lake Chamber of Commerce at 231-334-3238 or check out visitglenarbor.com.
More About Northern Michigan Beers
- Take Your Own Northern Michigan Microbrew Tour
- Long Days for Joe Short, Brewmaster
- Video: Traverse City Brewers Show You How It’s Done
- Locally Grown Hops from Old Mission Flavor New Ale
- Brewie File: Tom Buchanan
- Tap into Traverse City’s Brew Pubs
- So A Girl Walks Into A Bar: Traverse City Nightlife
- Traverse City Microbrew Festival Rocks a Rainy Night
- Tap Into Traverse City’s Brew Pubs
- A Beer and a Haircut in Traverse City
Quick Links to More Fun in Leelanau County!
- The Leelanau Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Leelanau Digital Vacation Guide: Browse beautiful pages connecting you to wine tours, great drives, historic Glen Haven, lighthouse tours, canoeing and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Leelanau County "Don’t Miss" List
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Leelanau County: Just type in any Leelanau County town and browse the wonderful array of restaurant options.
- Video: Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Leelanau County: Just pop in the name of the Leelanau County town you’d like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Plot your day in Leelanau County using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a Leelanau town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a cottage in Leelanau County: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!