We can’t think of a more charming spot to sip a frothy ice-cream drink than this: Mackinac Island’s Grand Hotel Tea Room, housed in Fort Mackinac’s original stone 1780 Officers Quarters, the oldest public building in the State of Michigan. Sit under yellow umbrellas looking over the Straits of Mackinac and enjoy one of the richest milkshakes around topped with a turban of fresh whipped cream. THE TEA ROOM AT FORT MACKINAC, MACKINAC ISLAND, 906-847-3331.
Quick Links to more Mackinac Island Fun!
- MyNorth Mackinac Island Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Mackinac Island Restaurant Guide
- Mackinac Island music, festivals, art exhibits and events of all kinds!
- Video: A Day on Mackinac Island
- Plot your day on Mackinac Island using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Mackinac Island for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage on Mackinac Island: There are hundreds of cottages for rent in Northern Michigan. Put Mackinac Island in the Search box and you’re one step closer to that vacation of your dreams.