Bacon, eggs and hash browns in a bag? Sounds a little strange. But wait, it gets stranger. Cooked in a bag hung over a bonfire? Yep. Watch as the folks at Grass River Natural Area, just outside Bellaire, teach the step-by-step of cooking a bacon and egg breakfast in a bag over the fire. This is just one of Grass River’s many fun classes that center around nature and having fun outdoors. Visit Grass River Natural Area or call 231-533-8314.
Never been to Grass River Natural Area? Take a quick tour!
Thinking about summer bonfires, camping, chasing lightning bugs? Check these out!
- Camping by the Water in Northern Michigan
- Hike Grass River Natural Area and the Jordan Valley Pathway: With video!
- Camp on the shores of Traverse City’s Lake Arbutus
- Wake up to water views from an island when you Hop the Ferry to South Manitou
- Check out these sweet little state campgrounds at Twin Lakes and Fife Lake
- Majestic water views and beaches among the cliffs are found in these Four Long Weekend Trips to Pictured Rocks
- Kayak and Camp the Manistee River
- Pitch a tent on Grand Isle, a Lake Superior Gem
- Vacation Traditions: Get Inspired by these short takes on bonfires, euchre, star gazing and more!