Actor, musician and Michigan Native Jeff Daniels will perform songs from his newest album Grandfather’s Hat at the City Opera House, Traverse City, at 8 p.m., Friday, August 7. Traverse City is the second stop on his 11-city tour around the mitten before heading to North Carolina in January.
Grandfather’s Hat showcases his range as a songwriter and his love for all things Michigan, according to Porterhouse Productions, sponsor of the event.
Songs include comedic track “Have a Good Life (Then Die)” and “The Lifelong Tiger Fan Blues, Revisited”—an updated version of his original song, which paid homage to the Detroit Tigers when they hit rock bottom in 2003.
Tickets cost $32 in advance and $36 the day of the show. Buy them online at porterhouseproductions.com, at City Opera House and Oryana.
QUICK LINKS TO MORE FUN IN TRAVERSE CITY!
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City