True to its name, Right Brain Brewery does things a little differently. For starters: no TV, no smoking, almost no food (basically chips, otherwise byo, or order delivery). Sans nattering boob-tube, the refurbished warehouse pub encourages conversation while customers sample the specialty beers. But the most important difference for beer lovers: Traverse City’s Right Brain mixes up flavors by constantly rotating micro-brew selections, ensuring a new beer menu every week. For the total experience, have your hair cut at the brewery’s Salon Saloon, where you can enjoy a beer while getting a trim. Find it among the boutiques and restaurants in T.C.’s up-and-coming warehouse district. 221 GARLAND STREET, 231-944-1239, RIGHTBRAINBREWERY.COM.
Buy the Microbrew Issue Now! Read about the brains behind Right Brain Brewery, chart your own microbrew tour, learn about Jolly Pumpkin and Northern Michigan hops!
More About Northern Michigan Beers
- Take Your Own Northern Michigan Microbrew Tour
- Long Days for Joe Short, Brewmaster
- Video: Traverse City Brewers Show You How It’s Done
- The Creative World of Traverse City’s Right Brain Brewery
- Follow the Hops Trail to Northern Michigan Microbrews
- Northern Michigan Microbrews Are Winners in This Poll
- Jolly Pumpkin Sets Up Shop on Old Mission
- Locally Grown Hops from Old Mission Flavor New Ale
- Brewie File: Tom Buchanan
- Tap into Traverse City’s Brew Pubs
- So A Girl Walks Into A Bar: Traverse City Nightlife
Quick Links to More Fun in Traverse City!
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events