Leland, a Lake Michigan coastal town in Leelanau County, is filled with shops, galleries and restaurants, as well as a rich commercial fishing history still present in the shanties-turned-shops of Fishtown.
The beautiful harbor town of Leland, Michigan, sits on a spit of land between Lake Michigan and Lake Leelanau. This little town packs a punch when it comes to ways to pass the day, from renting a boat to cruise Lake Leelanau to shopping the boutiques and galleries downtown or those housed in the commercial fishing shanties in Fishtown. Great restaurants, Van’s beach on Lake Michigan, the ferry to both South and North Manitou Islands, a recently renovated library and classes and art shows in the Leland Community Cultural Center all make this small village a fun place to be.
Quick Links to More Fun in Leelanau County!
- The Leelanau Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Leelanau Digital Vacation Guide: Browse beautiful pages connecting you to wine tours, great drives, historic Glen Haven, lighthouse tours, canoeing and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Leelanau County: Just type in any Leelanau County town and browse the wonderful array of restaurant options.
- Video: Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Leelanau County: Just pop in the name of the Leelanau County town you’d like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Plot your day in Leelanau County using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a Leelanau town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a cottage in Leelanau County: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!