By day, check out the blocks of darling boutiques, antique stores, specialty shops, foodie emporiums (serving up tastes of wine, olive oil, fruit preserves, fudge and chocolate … ) and side-walk cafes in Traverse City’s walkable, historic downtown. When you’ve quenched your appetite for shopping and grazing, long stretches of warm beach and cool Lake Michigan waters await across Grand View Parkway. By night, have dinner out in one of the city’s fine restaurants. Then take in a movie at Michael Moore’s renovated State Theatre, or see what’s playing at the City Opera House. After, watch the boats go rock-a-bye under the stars at Clinch Marina, then top it all off with drinks 10 floors up at the Beacon Lounge in the iconic Park Place Hotel, while the lights round the bay twinkle below. 231-922-2050, DOWNTOWNTC.COM.
Click to Read the Traverse City Vacation Guide and find hundreds of ideas for fun!
QUICK LINKS TO MORE FUN IN TRAVERSE CITY!
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Traverse City for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events