Slip slowly back in time on a truly old school paddlewheel-powered riverboat, the AuSable River Queen. The classic double-decker—decked out in red, white and blue, natch—meanders down the AuSable River for twice-daily, two-hour tours through August 30. (Come fall color season, the schedule expands to three tours daily.) The AuSable River Queen is also available for private charters such as weddings, reunions or just grab a bunch of friends and float the river together. Thoroughly modern voyageurs will appreciate the old gal’s contemporary offerings: a snack and liquor bar, live music on weekends and kids under age 4 ride free. Oscoda. $5 KIDS 12 AND UNDER; $10 ADULTS, THROUGH AUGUST. 989-739-7351, AUSABLERIVERQUEEN.NET.
More Ways to Get on the Water!
- Get on the Water in Traverse City
- Charter Fishing the Big Lake from Frankfort
- Cruise on the Manitou
- Rent a Pontoon and Cruise the Chain of Lakes
- Pick Your Summer Day on Traverse City’s Inland Seas Schooner
- 7 Ways to the Water
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Cruise
- Best Places to Boat to Dinner
- Cruise Lewiston’s Twin Lakes
- Cruise the Mackinac Straits
- Float Away on the Manistee
- Kayak Les Cheneaux