Mackinac Island loves a good festival and no matter what the celebration you can be sure the setting will be absolutely gorgeous. Who wouldn’t want to kick up their heels and celebrate on one of the world’s most beautiful islands? The famous Mackinac Island Lilac Festival won’t happen again until next June, but you can still make it to the island in time for these fab festivals:
Mackinac Island Music Festival: AUGUST 18–20, 2009
Headliner Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels returns after a much-adored concert at the ‘08 fest. Other bands include Michelle Chenard, Barbara Payton, Kraig Kenning and Ash Can Van Gough. 800-454-5227, MACKINACISLANDMUSICFESTIVAL.ORG.
Mackinac Island Fudge Festival: AUGUST 20–22, 2009
Celebrate the place and the treat that made the word “fudgie” synonymous with “tourist” in the North. 800-454-5227, MACKINACISLANDFUDGEFESTIVAL.ORG.
Somewhere in Time Weekend: OCTOBER 16–18, 2009
Play Victorian dress-up, talk to people who helped make the movie, generally immerse yourself in the romance of this 1980 cult classic featuring Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour. At the Grand Hotel, 800-334-7263, SOMEWHEREINTIME.TV.
Quick Links to more Mackinac Island Fun!
- MyNorth Mackinac Island Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Mackinac Island Restaurant Guide
- Mackinac Island music, festivals, art exhibits and events of all kinds!
- Video: A Day on Mackinac Island
- Plot your day on Mackinac Island using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Mackinac Island for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage on Mackinac Island: There are hundreds of cottages for rent in Northern Michigan. Put Mackinac Island in the Search box and you’re one step closer to that vacation of your dreams.