Charlevoix and Antrim Counties are home to festivals of all kinds. Here are just a few and be sure to ook for more every month in Events.
Petoskey Stone Festival: May 23, 2009
A celebration of Michigan’s beloved fossil, the Petoskey stone. Head to Barnes Park Campground in Eastport for stone skipping contests and games. Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. 231-599-2712.
Evening on River Street: Wednesdays, June 24 through August 19
No cars allowed in downtown Elk Rapids when its an Evening on River Street celebration, but dancing, laughing, and eating are all very allowed for this Wednesday evening (6 p.m. to 9 p.m.) summertime ritual in Elk Rapids. 231-264-8202, Elk Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Venetian Festival: July 19 through 25, 2009
An illuminating celebration, the Venetian Festival includes kids’ activities, live entertainment, a carnival, beach and boat parties and more. Two firework displays: Friday, July 24 on Lake Charlevoix, Night Sky Over Charlevoix; Saturday, July 25 on Round Lake Harbor, The Pyrotechnic Amphitheater of the North. Saturday night’s fireworks follow the festival’s high point, the parade of boats, lit up and decorated, at 10 p.m. 231-237-9031, CHARLEVOIX.ORG.
Watch video of the Charlevoix Venetian Festival
Harbor Days: July 29 through August 1, 2009
Starts Wednesday night in Elk Rapids and moves through the week with sandcastle building, live music, a community dinner, carnival and more. Saturday: a parade and crowning of Miss Elk Rapids followed by fireworks. 231-264-8202, ELKRAPIDSCHAMBER.ORG.
Click on the 2009 Digital Boyne City, Charlevoix, Chain of Lakes Vacation Guide
Read colorful pages and find hundreds of links to fun, food, events and recreation around your visits to this region’s festivals!
More Links to Fun in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake and the Chain of Lakes Region!
- The Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Digital Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to hikes, festivals, boat rentals, galleries and, of course, the Ironton Ferry and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake: Just type in any location you’d like to check out and discover a wonderful array of restaurants to try.
- Video: Charlevoix: Sights & Sounds of the Venetian Festival
- Plot your day in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Region using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake and more: Just pop in the name of the town you’d like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Rent a cottage in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!