Think of it as your own private island—unanchored. A houseboat rented from Windjammer Cove and Marina in Oden floats you and up to seven pals down Up North’s sleepy and utterly sublime Inland Waterway. Heaps easier than sailing and with plenty more room than your average powerboat, the marina’s 30- and 40-foot houseboats are made for a buoyantly beautiful time on the water. How much time? Choose a three-, four- or seven-day stretch.
You can also choose to explore different waters; the marina will deliver their houseboats to Walloon Lake, Lake Charlevoix, Burt Lake, Mullet Lake, Long Lake, Douglas Lake, and Paradise Lake too.
Rates start at $1,238 for three days on a 30-footer (sleeps six) and top out at $2,580 for a week on a 40-footer (sleeps eight). 231-347-6103, WINDJAMMERMARINA.COM.
More Links to Boating Fun and the Inland Waterway
- Pontoon the Inland Waterway
- Along the way, shop and eat in Alanson, Indian River and don’t forget Oden’s House of Pies
- Create a Family Boating Memory
More Ways to Get on the Water!
- Get on the Water in Traverse City
- Charter Fishing the Big Lake from Frankfort
- Cruise on the Manitou
- Pick Your Summer Day on Traverse City’s Inland Seas Schooner
- 7 Ways to the Water
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Cruise
- Best Places to Boat to Dinner
- Cruise Lewiston’s Twin Lakes
- Cruise the Mackinac Straits
- Float Away on the Manistee
- Kayak Les Cheneaux
More Links to Fun in Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Bay Harbor and the Little Traverse Region!
- The Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to perfect beaches, Bayview Festivals, the Tunnel of Trees, ethnic eats and more.and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Petoskey/Harbor Springs "Don’t Miss" List
- Video: A Day in Petoskey
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Petoskey, Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor: Just pop in the location where you’d like to eat and browse the wonderful array of restaurant choices.
- Plot your day in Petoskey/Harbor Springs using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose Petoskey, Harbor Springs or a nearby town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, art and events of all kinds happening in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Torch Lake!
- Rent a cottage in Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor: There hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!