When you know where to go, the restaurants on Mackinac can be reason alone to hop the next ferry to Michigan’s most famous island.
Enjoy the laid-back pub atmosphere at Patrick Sinclair's Irish Pub while deciding whether you want bacon and cheese or tomato and onion in your three-egg omelette. You pick your own ingredients, so you can get either, or both. PATRICKSINCLAIRS.COM, 906-847-8255.
Carry out one of 3 Brothers Sarducci's crunchy pan pizza square for a picnic in Marquette Park, in the shadows of Fort Mackinac. 3 BROTHERS SARDUCCI, 906-847-3880.
Dine on the patio or in the herb garden of The Epicurean at Mission Point Resort. Choose delicate filet mignon stuffed with bourson cheese or salmon with lobster ravioli. 800-833-7711, MISSIONPOINT.COM.
This classy pub, the Seabiscuit Cafe, is housed in an 1800’s brick bank is your place to drink brews, pink cosmos or a bottle from the vault-turned-wine cellar. Consider: mussels steamed in dark rum-ginger-butter broth and beef kabobs with lemon, mint and garam masala. 906-847-3611, SEABISCUIT CAFE.COM.
DON'T FORGET THE FUDGE!
Fudge is King on Mackinac Island! Fudge-makers say the remarkable confluence of humidity, temperature and fresh Great Lakes breeze creates the ideal conditions for mixing up the finest fudge in America. Which brand do your taste buds rate the best of the best? Taste test: buy three bricks of the same flavor from three different vendors—plain chocolate for the most pure results—find a quiet park bench, and conduct a blind tasting. MACKINACISLAND.ORG.
Quick Links to more Mackinac Island Fun!
- MyNorth Mackinac Island Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Mackinac Island Restaurant Guide
- Mackinac Island music, festivals, art exhibits and events of all kinds!
- Video: A Day on Mackinac Island
- Plot your day on Mackinac Island using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I'd like to find" and choose Mackinac Island for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage on Mackinac Island: There are hundreds of cottages for rent in Northern Michigan. Put Mackinac Island in the Search box and you're one step closer to that vacation of your dreams.