Get on this right now because it’s happening this Saturday, July 11, and who knows if it will come around again. The Boyne City Farmers Market is hosting Lavender day at the Market. What that means is vendors will be serving up a variety of products flavored in one way or another with lavender grown at local farm Lavender Hill Farms. Some examples: Lavender herbed cheese, lavender ice cream, lavender lemonade or lavender iced tea. You get the idea.
So, here’s our suggestion for rounding out the experience a bit. Get an early start (the farmers market runs 8 a.m. till noon), and arrive in Boyne City with enough time to hike up Avalanche Mountain. The park, right in town, offers a great workout because it’s an old ski hill that forces you to climb hundreds of steps to get to the top. Once there though, you’ll find the effort worth the investment (nothing good is easy, right?), because the vantage point delivers a fantastic view of Lake Charlevoix and that gorgeous, glacier-carved landscape.
After you’ve enjoyed the scenery, head back down that long stairway and wander through the farmers market. Quaff your thirst with a lavender beverage of choice, shop the other tasty offerings. Hang out in Boyne City, on the shore of Lake Charlevoix.
Want more lavender? Lavender Hill Farms is open for tours every Thursday and Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
More fun stuff around Boyne City:
- Boyne City profile
- Daytrip Near Boyne City
- Don’t-Miss Activities in Antrim and Charlevoix Counties
- Rent a cottage near Boyne City
- Find a restaurant near Boyne City
- Find Activities near Boyne City
Wander the Charlevoix, Boyne City, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake region and use these links to guide you!
- The Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Digital Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to hikes, festivals, boat rentals, galleries and, of course, the Ironton Ferry and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Charlevoix: Sights & Sounds of the Venetian Festival
- Plot your day in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Region using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I’d like to find" and choose a town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake and more: Just pop in the name of the town you’d like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Rent a cottage in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you’re interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!