No summer is complete without days and nights spent at the beach. The Charlevoix/Chain of Lakes region is filled with beaches that range from hideaway spots to places to be see and be seen. Picnic areas, volleyball nets, swim areas abound. Make it a beach day!
Barnes Park Campground, Eastport
Almost a quarter mile of sandy Lake Michigan beach, hiking trails and two pavilions. Like it so much you want to stay? Check out the 76 campsites. U.S. 31 and M-88. 231-599-2712. BELLAIRECHAMBER.ORG.
Richardi Park, Bellaire
Thurston Park, Central Lake
Great swimming in Intermediate Lake, pavilion and grills. Stop by King Orchards on M-88 for fresh fruit to nibble while you sun. 231-533-6023. CENTRAL-LAKE.COM.
Torch Lake, Eastport
This hamlet at the crossroads of U.S. 31 and M-88 boasts Torch Lake’s only two public swimming areas. Find a pavilion, picnic tables, grills, swimming area and boat access at Torch Lake Township Park south of town on U.S. 31; Another swimming area and boat access at the north end of town off M-88. 231-533-6023.
Antrim Creek Natural Area, Atwood
This mile-long Lake Michigan beach just west of Atwood lies at the end of Rex Beach Road and down a two-track. Walk south along the beach to find where Antrim Creek spills into the big lake. 231-533-6023.
Elk Rapids Day Park, Elk Rapids
Big sand, wide Lake Michigan views, every amenity a beach can have including darling Elk Rapids close by. 231-599-2712. Mt. McSauba, Charlevoix Natural Area with a sandy beach on Lake Michigan and beautiful hiking trails—no bathroom facilities. 231-547-3267.
Fisherman’s Island State Park, Charlevoix
Seven miles of Lake Michigan beach south of Charlevoix on Bells Bay Road. Hiking trails and 75-site state campground. 231-547-6641, FISHERMANSISLAND.COM.
Young State Park, Boyne City
Young State Park has a sandy Lake Charlevoix beach with a 41-site state campground. 02280 Boyne City Road. 231-582-7523.
Elm Pointe, East Jordan
Elm Pointe Park boasts eleven acres with frontage on the South Arm of Lake Charlevoix and Monroe Creek. 1656 M-66, 231-536-7351.
More Links to Fun in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake and the Chain of Lakes Region!
- Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Digital Vacation Guide: Browse gorgeous articles connecting you to hikes, festivals, boat rentals, galleries and, of course, the Ironton Ferry and click to hundreds of websites.
- The Complete Restaurant Guide for Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake: Just type in any location you'd like to check out and discover a wonderful array of restaurants to try.
- Video: Charlevoix: Sights & Sounds of the Venetian Festival
- Plot your day in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake Region using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in "I'd like to find" and choose a town for "in a town near." Then click away!
- Check out all the music, festivals, arts and events of all kinds happening in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake and more: Just pop in the name of the town you'd like to play in and choose amongst hundreds of things to do!
- Rent a cottage in Boyne City, Charlevoix, Elk Rapids & Torch Lake: There are hundreds of cottages to rent in Northern Michigan. Type the town you're interested in into the Search box and plan your getaway Up North!