The Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Park and surrounding area offer one of the most peaceful and awe-inspiring getaways in all of Michigan. Take a look at a few of the sights this area has to offer including the Dune Climb, the Pierce Stocking Drive, Glen Haven and the Visitors Center.
Get tips on hikes, day trips, scenic views and more in the following articles.
- 10 Insider Picks for the Sleeping Bear Dunes
- Cruise Pierce Stocking Drive for Unforgettable Views
- Good Harbor Beach Day
- Do the Sleeping Bear Dunes
- A Day in Sleeping Bear Starts At Empire Bluffs
- Hike Otter Creak in the Sleeping Bear
- Rent a Cottage Near Sleeping Bear
Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Visitors Center, Empire. 231-326-5134, nps.gov/slbe.
For information on historic structures: Preserve Historic Sleeping Bear, headquartered in the Olsen farmhouse on M-22 in Port Oneida. Open Monday through Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 231-334-6103, phsb.org.
The Manitou Island Transit, in Leland, services North and South Manitou Islands. For schedule and reservations, 231-256-9061, leelanau.com/manitou.