Opened in October of 2004, the Cherry Capital Airline Terminal Complex has already racked up awards including being named the 2005 Airport of the Year by the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA). The airport was recognized for its outstanding snow removal program and for working together with commercial pilots to create the safest ground and air operations possible.
Cherry Capital Airport offers direct flights by Northwest Airlines, Delta, United Express or American Eagle to Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis and seasonally to New York. In June, 2008, the airport began offering non-stop flights to Denver. Cherry Capital connects travelers to over 750 domestic and international destinations.
In this video, you’ll tour the Arts and Crafts-inspired terminal that welcomes visitors and residents with true Northern Michigan style, including cherry wood, copper light fixtures, stone wainscoting, and stained glass a la Frank Lloyd Wright.
Coming to Traverse City? Check out these great resources to plan your stay!
- The Traverse City Vacation Directory: Listings to lodging, galleries, restaurants and more along with an interactive map.
- Traverse City Digital Vacation Guide: Browse the pages of the complete digital Guide and click to hundreds of websites.
- Video: Traverse City’s Guide to Fun!
- The Complete Traverse City Restaurant Guide
- Flying in or out of Traverse City? Take a video tour of the Cherry Capital Airport to learn all you need to know.
- Plot your day in Traverse City using this Interactive Map: Choose an activity in “I’d like to find” and choose Traverse City for “in a town near.” Then click away!
- Rent a Cottage in Traverse City
- Traverse City music, festivals, arts and hundreds of events
- Beaches near Traverse City