The Riverside Inn Charming lodge with creative, gourmet preparations of whitefish, salmon, ostrich and pheasant on the Leland River. 302 River St., Leland, 231-256-9971.
The Bluebird Generations have come by land or by river to Leland’s Bluebird since boat builder Martin Telgard and his wife Leone opened it as a snack shop in 1927. The Bird has become a riverine oasis for burgers, whitefish, cinnamon rolls as they come out of the oven and that delectable peas and peanuts salad. 102 River Street, Leland, 231-256-9081.
The Dockside A spirited Torch Lake hangout with deck drinks, Mexican and burgers. 6340 Torch Lake Dr., Bellaire, 231-377-7777.
The Boathouse Restaurant Originally a boathouse built in the 1930′s, overlooking the Cheboygan River. 106 Pine St., Cheboygan, 231-627-4316.
Hack-Ma-Tack Inn Excellent surf and turf. Tell the hostess if you want to stay the night; $1 per foot to overnight on their river dock with electricity. A quarter mile from Mullett Lake, on the Cheyboygan River. 8131 Beebe Rd., Cheboygan, 231-625-2919.
More Ways to Get on the Water!
- Get on the Water in Traverse City
- Charter Fishing the Big Lake from Frankfort
- Cruise on the Manitou
- Rent a Pontoon and Cruise the Chain of Lakes
- Pick Your Summer Day on Traverse City’s Inland Seas Schooner
- 7 Ways to the Water
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Cruise
- Best Places to Boat to Dinner
- Cruise Lewiston’s Twin Lakes
- Cruise the Mackinac Straits
- Float Away on the Manistee
- Kayak Les Cheneaux